Monday, October 16, 2006

Another Book Update

It’s hard to believe but I’m almost finished the first draft of my book. I’m not sure how long it will end up being because there are some things I’ve already decided to leave out. So far I have 146 pages and another eight or so to write, plus all the extra bits and pieces that go into doing a book, like acknowledgements, picture credits, contents and so on. My guess is that it will end up being 160 pages or so.
I’ve decided that I am going to try and get an agent and/or a publisher before I start rewriting. If I can’t, I’ll publish it myself. Marketing introduces a whole new challenge, and while I do have some ideas, it’s not really my forte. One good thing is that Teesha Moore says she’d like to run an excerpt in Art and Life, so that’s exciting for me.
To be honest, I’m really not looking forward to rewriting. It’s not that I’m fed up with the subject of creativity, but I’m worried that I may not have covered the subject properly. Actually, that sounds ridiculous now that I think about it. How could any one person do justice to the topic? Let’s just say, I hope I’ve done as good a good a job as I personally can.
Some of the edge has been taken off thinking about this because I’ve already started working on my next book. I’d thought about doing one on journaling, and maybe I still will, but right now I’m engrossed in planning my novel about angels. I don’t know whether or not it will fly, so to speak, but it looks promising.

No comments: