Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My groove goes AWOL

I’m not wishing I was still in Cape Cod, but somewhere along the way my mind took a vacation and isn’t ready to come back yet. All I want to do right now is to look at art books and read mythology. Is this the byproduct of over-focusing for so long? Could be.
There’s so much emphasis on producing in our society. You feel compelled to keep justifying your existence in one way or another, and then when you take a break from doing this, you start questioning why you started doing it in the first place.
I feel it’s part of my purpose to write a book on creativity, but why the big hurry, I wonder? It seems as if I’m continually setting myself new challenges – and meeting them – but then another challenge takes its place, so I never really feel like I’ve arrived. Pondering this has started me thinking that it’s probably more important to embrace the process than it is to focus one’s energy on producing results.

No comments: