Thursday, January 04, 2007

Checking In

I started another process journal on January 1st in which I’m keeping my notes and doing some stamping every day. There’s something about the combination of words and casual stamping that I’ve always found satisfying.
Roberta sent me a Rubberstampmadness from 1993, and there’s an interesting article in it called Poet in Rubber about man called Joel Lipman who stamps on pages from books and postage albums. His work is not fancy like the altered books and journals most of us are doing today. But I like the fact that his goal is to be poetic and experimental rather than decorative.
Brenda sent me some books today and included several old rubber stamp catalogues. Looking through RSM, and those catalogues from the last decade, I found it strange not to see any websites mentioned. So much has changed since then. (I’ve been madly working away on ATC backgrounds in Photoshop and experimenting with them—and who had heard of Photoshop in 1993? Actually I did know about it then, but I never dreamed I’d want to use it).

No comments: