Monday, January 08, 2007

Reading continued...

Bernie Berlin’s new ATC book arrived this morning, but I managed to exert some self-discipline and control myself. It was only after I’d done a few hours of writing that I allowed myself the luxury of a leisurely perusal. (I’ve always wanted to use the word perusal, but who ever hears it in regular conversation?)
Anyone involved in stamping and making ATCs will enjoy Berlin’s book. There are many different techniques to explore, and lots of different samples to inspire you. Just off the top of my head I’d have to say the projects that appealed to me most were those involving watercolor techniques, mica, fiber fusing or Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. Speaking of Ultra Thick, I took a fun class with Suze Weinberg a couple of years ago, and I keep meaning to do something with it. Yes, so many things to explore…so little time!

No comments: