Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Falling Down on the Challenge

I’ve been obsessed with doing transfers for the past three days—so much for my New Year’s resolution not to hyper focus. But seriously, it’s something I’ve always wanted to master, and it’s no easy feat. You can read all the instructions you want to, but when you actually get down to business, it turns out that transferring images is a process you have to experience and work out for yourself. I feel like an alchemist trying to make gold.
Now where was I? Oh yes, what with socializing and transferring I’ve fallen behind on my digital ATCs. Well I guess I’m only a day behind, but it seems to me that I did have to make a tremendous effort just to get these two cards together.

Speaking of digital collage, check out Carmi’s blog yesterday. Her husband Paul bought one of my pictures at Holly Jolly and Carmi did a fabric transfer of the image and embellished it in her own inimitable way. Oh, oh…fabric transfer? No Susan, you must behave yourself and master the paper thing first.

No comments: