Saturday, January 27, 2007

Remembering

It’s embarrassing to admit this, but I just got the last of the Christmas decorations put away today…except for my poor reindeer who is frozen to the front lawn. Fortunately I’m not the only one in my area with stuff still out. My Christmas Disneyland neighbor still has his complete set up on display—frozen in place like Rudolph, no doubt.
I hate taking the Christmas things down. Not because I’m lazy. I like them so much it seems a shame not to enjoy them year round. While I was cleaning up, I remembered the time I had my wisdom teeth one June out years ago. When I woke up from the anesthetic, there was a huge, beautiful Christmas tree in the recovery room. My mother found this hard to believe…I’m sure she thought I was hallucinating. But when I went back, sure enough, there it was. Apparently “no one had gotten around to taking it down,” so they just decided to leave it up.

Then I remembered another wisdom teeth/tooth story. Just before Pam went into hospital to have hers out, she put her favorite pair of white jeans in a bleach mixture to rejuvenate them. But she had complications from the dental surgery and forgot about doing this. When Pam finally remembered them, the jeans had completely dissolved and all that was left was the zipper and snap.

No comments: