Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Time to call it a day

I spent all evening working on ideas for the ATC workshops I’ll be teaching in March, and I’m exhausted. It’s one thing to do it for yourself, but when you want other people to enjoy themselves and stretch creatively, it’s a whole new ballgame.
I also finished off my last digital ATC for January’s challenge. I’m tempted to continue, and maybe I will again at some point. But I want to get back to other projects I left hanging. Leaving them “hanging” makes it sound like they’re people, doesn’t it? Well, they certainly seem to be nagging me for attention.
Even though I’m close to the end of one of my two process journals, I haven’t touched it since before Christmas. Still, I have been working on my stamping process journal faithfully. It started out playful and light, but now it’s degenerated into heavy-duty soul-searching about art and life in general. When I mentioned this to John earlier, he said: “Whinging is still a process.” For those of you unfamiliar with Scottish-isms, whinging means moaning and complaining. At least I do most of mine in my journal.
P.S. I hope no one is offended by the digital beefcake. I uploaded it before it hit me that some people just aren’t comfortable with nudity. But what the heck … it’s still January and we need some inspiration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently found out that you are hosting an all day ATC Extravaganza. What great news! Any plans for another one? Please, please, please? With cream and sugar?