Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Mini Series

The more art I do, the more I want to use the same image in different ways. In one of the two process journals I keep right now, I’m rubber stamping every time I do an entry. I have used several of the images in previous journals, but I feel the urge to use them again, and it is very satisfying to approach something you’ve already used before in a fresh way.
For yesterday and today’s ATC challenge, I was drawn to this scan of a page from a Polish passport, and I wanted to see what would happen if I combined it with a couple of nineteenth century paintings that have/had no connection with Poland at all. To me this is what collage is about…taking unconnected elements and blending them together into something new.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susan, I want to do everything I can to encourage in you in the line you are taking with these ATC's. I find them fresh and original and amazing use of color. Keep going. Anyone else out there agree with me???

My Bernie book came in. Argggg. More things to shove on the back burner.

Jeanne