Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Done!!!!

Well I finally finished writing my book late this afternoon, then read it through and made a few changes. But I don’t feel euphoric about it because there are still a lot of things to take care like tweaking a few of the illustrations, doing the cover, marketing the book and so on. Still, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders because the writing was so incredibly difficult.
There have been many times in the last couple of years that I’ve been tempted to pack it in, and there has also been a lot of self-doubt. But I think the book is as good as I can get it now, and that’s all that matters to me at this point. When I phoned my mother to tell her I’d finished, she said (seriously): “Why don’t you write a novel next?” That really made me laugh. If there’s another book inside me, it better hold off for a while because I’m completely done in.

5 comments:

uncertainvoyage said...

Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I think after you are rested, you will look over your work and feel a sense of accomplishment and pride. Zanne

Anonymous said...

Way to go Susan! I am so very happy for you. Take some time now to breathe! Terry

martha brown said...

I can't wait for it to be published! I am so happy for you (and very proud too)

Godelieve said...

Congratulations!