Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Thanksgiving

To celebrate Thanksgiving Day, John and I went hiking in El Dorado Park. We took the camera and got all sorts of great pictures including this one of a tree snail. I also got stung by a wasp. Zowie! It’s hard to believe that a small creature can pack such a wallop. For some reason, insects of all varieties just love me. They smell me coming from miles away, then zero in and start chomping. And just when I’d recovered from the wasp, I was attacked by some stinging nettles. Well okay, I blundered in on them when I was trying to take a picture of a tree...all in all though, it was still a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Ronna said...

Love the snail pic! Susan, did you know that beside stinging nettle, a plant called "Touch-me-not" or "Jewel Weed" (Impatiens pallida)usually grows right beside it? (It has a tiny orange flower on it.) If you crush the stem and put the juice on your skin, it takes the sting away from the Stinging Nettle.