Saturday, October 13, 2007

John’s Great Granddad #2

I have spent most of today cleaning up and organizing a satellite studio in the dining room so I can watch TV while I’m doing art. At the end of November I’ll be selling some of my work in a couple of Christmas shows and I need to get organized to do this.
I’ve also been working on the ATC of John’s great granddad James Wason. About a month ago I did one of him as a young man, but this photo has been easier to work with because it’s not damaged like the other one was. James Wason was a baker and caterer in Ballantrae on the east coast of Scotland about 70 miles south of Glasgow, and John was born here in the family home. Apparently giving birth at home was a family tradition, but it was unusual. John is the only person I know in our age group who wasn’t born in a hospital, and I think that’s kind of cool.

1 comment:

A bird in the hand said...

Ooh, what Christmas shows? I'm looking for one to join.

I'll hand over your birdie at our next meeting at the end of the month.

Meanwhile I'm stumped as to what to do with that copper square...

xoxo