Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Christina's new book

I’ve always been a big fan of Christina Lazar Schuler’s artwork because I love the way she combines collage images, acrylic paint techniques and botanical elements done in Illustrator to create her own unique surfaces. So of course I had to order PaperWERXings: Mixed Media Collage, an 80-page, 7” x 7” book of her recent work. To me, the fascinating thing about Christina’s collages is that you can’t figure out exactly how she manages to blend all the layers together. This gives her work an aura of mystery that I find very appealing. To see samples of Christina’s art and to find out more about her book, check out her store on Etsy.

1 comment:

Leslie Jane Moran said...

Good Morning Susan ~
I'm on my way over to RubyDog's Art House in the next few days, and I think they were featuring the book amongst other things of Christina's. It's on my list!!! I wish you were here to listen to my son raving about all the talented work you do!!! He loves your mathematical instrument inclusions and your unique colourizations. He's keen that I keep up my enthusiasm through your fine example! Can't wait to get home and really get into this.