Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Mouth Assemblage

I built this assemblage around a crushed bottle cap that I found about five years ago in the parking lot of our local Miracle Mart. It reminded me of a mouth, and I was hoping it would speak to me. For the longest time there was only silence, that is until I decided to force the issue by turning it into a microphone. (Poetic license, you know). The part I enjoyed most about putting this project together was using some of my mica—love the stuff, but never know what to do with it. And has the mouth spoken to me yet? No, but I’m keeping this assemblage handy just in case.

4 comments:

Ronna said...

It's brilliant Susan. Love it!

A bird in the hand said...

Susan this is truly fabulous. I think it spoke to you already (as in, make me into an assemblage!)
P.S. I love mica too, and never know what to do with it...

Hope to see you soon. I need to hand over the rubber stamp. xo

Unknown said...

What an awesome creation! Did you add teeth inside the bottle cap because it looks like a mouth full of teeth in the pic...cool!

azirca said...

Wow, this is such a fabulous creation.I love how you have used the squished bottle cap as lips, very ingenious indeed!