Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A Moo or Two

This week over at Make a Moo or Two, the theme is Swirls & Flourishes. Since I don’t have any stamps along that line, I thought I’d experiment with some DigiWERX brushes in Photoshop to see what would happen.
It was interesting doing stamping last week and then trying a couple of digital Moos today. Both have their possibilities and limitations. With hands-on work you always have a tangible artifact that tells the story of how you arrived there. With the digital, you have an endless number of choices—sometimes too many, in fact. But from my own experience, I don’t find any difference in the time it takes to do either on. Of course with Photoshop, you don’t have to hunt for supplies or clean up, which is an advantage for someone who is messy like me. However, in my opinion, there’s no substitute for playing with an actual stamp and trying to incorporate real texture into your art.

7 comments:

Godelieve said...

Excellent placement of the swirls! Love your MOOs!

Anonymous said...

Love them! Gorgeous and so very colourful!

Hermine said...

They look fabulous.

Sandy said...

Wow they are stunning. So awesome.

NETTI said...

Yes these really are stunning - sorry to use the same word but it's the one that fits!

pepeetje said...

great moo, I love digital work :-)

daisy said...

Great work xx