Monday, April 07, 2008

Signs of Spring

I can’t remember when I’ve been so pleased to see crocus shoots popping up in our back garden. Even though there are still some random patches of snow, I’m feeling confident spring has finally arrived. And what a relief because it’s been a long hard winter up here in the Great White (literally) North.
I left a couple of things outside to weather over the winter: this rusted candleholder and the bottom of an old flowerpot which must have broken in half because of the cold. (Now I wish I hadn’t experimented with it).
I’m not sure what I’m going to do with the candleholder, but it will be an interesting piece to work with. My thinking right now is that I want to turn it into a bird’s nest shrine, but I also like the idea of incorporating a doll’s head. Hmmm. I’ll have to put some thought into this one I can see.

4 comments:

tgarrett said...

Susan-
Oh how we wish for spring- we got socked yesterday and have almost 2 feet of snow! This just after it was almost gone in the yard- Digging out today will be interesting- glad i don't have Monday classes to teach!
I vote for the bird nest shrine!
Terry

Anonymous said...

I like the shrine, I mean candle holder. Use both a bird and a doll's head!
Mary

Dale said...

the idea of attaching a doll head to this really tickles my fancy... especially one that is a little dinged up itself? that could be so very cool...

Anonymous said...

these pics look really great mom. this makes me excited to come home and root around in the garden with you.
xo