Saturday, July 15, 2006

Art & Life

I received the fourth installment of Teesha Moore’s Art & Life magazine this morning, and I finally got a chance to read it tonight.
What I liked about this particular issue was the focus on spirituality and art. While I’m always interested in new techniques, they’re never what draw me to a publication; I’m more interested in the people and the philosophy behind it all. (I also find when I switch into technique junkie mode, my artwork suffers because I’m more focused on how things are done rather than what they are saying).
Another good thing about receiving Art & Life was seeing that some of the designs I’d sent Teesha made it to the magazine’s latest rubber stamp sheet. Brenda Shackleford also had a couple of very cool designs chosen too.
I interviewed Brenda last year for RubberStampMadness, and we finally face-to-face at Artfest. She’s a total dynamo, creative at the drop of a hat, and so much fun to be around. We laughed and yakked non-stop on the shuttle to SeaTac.
Brenda has done five covers for RubberStampMadness, and I’m sure there are more lurking in the wings. I’ve heard it said that stamping is a phase some people go through, but I can only think of one ex-stamper I know. In my opinion, once you’re hooked, you’re hooked.

No comments: