Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Normal Day

Today was my “burfday,” as Emma used to call it. Bev phoned me this afternoon and told me that when she was working, she used to take a day’s holiday on her birthday because it was the one day of the year that was hers. An interesting notion.
I’d already decided when I got up this morning that I would do exactly what I wanted to do all day. The funny thing is that it ended up being a normal day. I worked in my process journal, did some new layouts for my book, talked to family and friends, groomed Lily, cooked dinner and so on. Next year I think I’m going to plan something exciting like skydiving or horseback riding. But I can’t really complain about things being low key. In a way every day is like my birthday because I’m never bored.
I am starting to get bored with this process journal though. The part I like best is painting the backgrounds and I haven’t done any of that for a while. I still have a few finished backgrounds left to “fill in,” but the thought occurs to me that it might be fun to do a book of just painted pages instead – no embellishments. Maybe that would be too much like looking at paint or wallpaper samples. Then again, who cares? In any case I’m going to take a break from processing until I get my groove back.

1 comment:

Carmi Cimicata said...

Happy Birhtday!!