Friday, September 29, 2006

That Packing Thing...

Trying to get everything done before we go away is a challenge. Plenty of tasks are still uncompleted, plus there are piles of stuff everywhere: notes, clothes, stuff for my journal, toiletries, books…I just wish everything was done so I could stop thinking about it. The one good thing is that we can just toss everything into the car.
But what if I forget something? That’s no big deal really. It’s not like we’re going on an Outward Bound trip. From what I’ve heard, the house in Cape Cod is better equipped than our house, and I always take way too much stuff anyway.
Fortunately this week has been better than last when it comes to my book. I have finished 140 pages, and with only 30 or so to go, the end is in sight. What’s left is mainly writing which always tougher for me than doing illustrations. I doubt I’ll get much done down in Cape Cod though because I want to spend time with my parents.
What I am going to do is to print out what I’ve done so far and see which areas need to be changed before I start rewriting. I think the thing that’s surprised me most is just how much time and energy this book has required of me, so I’m looking forward to taking a break from it. John and I always enjoy doing things together, and a vacation with my parents will be fun too. This holiday might just give me a much needed boost as I head into the home stretch.

No comments: