Friday, September 01, 2006

Angel Thoughts

I did more work on the angel book tonight and enjoyed it. I wish I could do my favorite thing last, which is painting the backgrounds. I visualize this like rewinding a video so the beginning becomes the end of it all.
Even though my backgrounds are plain, the act of smoothing paint on paper is soothing to me. In fact, I prefer paper to canvas hands down. I’m glad I chose a Moleskine for this project because it takes paint really well, and the book is a sturdy one – not like my Pilgrim’s Progress altered book which will definitely need some first aid, and soon.
I have to admit I’m a little intimidated because I’m the first artist to work in The Angel Book. This is my first real experience with a collaborative project too, and…well, I don’t really know why I should be intimidated, come to think of it. It’s probably because I hesitate before doing just about anything. Will I be able to pull “it” off? What if I mess up?

But I’ve already done this. I had a paint accident tonight and had to improvise. John says it happened because I didn’t leave myself enough space to work, and he’s right. Why does my drafting table shrink to the size of postage stamp whenever I start working?

No comments: