Thursday, August 31, 2006

Women with Confidence

I've been thinking tonight about two of my friends who have the marketing/business art gene – and then some. Mary now has her funky vintage jewelry for sale online at her Something From Mary Ebay store. Carmi sells her fabulous cards and Dove of the East treasure boxes on her newly renovated website.
How do they do it? Both Carmi and Mary lead really busy lives, and yet they still manage to carve out time to do their work and take practical steps towards sharing it with others. I’m in awe of their confidence, drive and creativity.
I have drive, and I know I’m creative, but confidence certainly isn’t my strong suit. Is confidence something that can be nurtured, or is it simply innate? Perhaps Anaïs Nin said it best: “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”

No comments: