Monday, August 07, 2006

Slow and Slower

I seem to have two working speeds – slow and extremely slow. I’ve spent the last couple of days working on an assemblage that’s just not going anywhere. (To be honest, it hasn’t been going anywhere for about four years now, but I’m determined to finish it somehow). It was actually a relief to work in my process journal, if just to get away from a project that’s going nowhere.
I tried the Carmi approach here…20 minutes and then you’re done. Mind you, I’d already done the background in a painting marathon, so I don’t know whether or not that constitutes a breach of the rules.
As soon as I’d finished these two pages, I could think of better ways to do them, and then felt annoyed with myself for rushing. Then again, I’m not Leonardo tackling the Sistine Chapel, am I?

No comments: