Friday, August 11, 2006

Taking the day off

I woke up this morning feeling downright gnarly. Even though I’d already planned to take the day off…something I don’t often do…I still felt guilty. But it turned out to be a good move.
I spent the day hanging around with Beverly in Toronto, and it was really enjoyable. We talked, went out to lunch, did more talking and then went to Bizzy Bee’s to see Daniza. How can you not feel better drinking coffee and eating chocolate biscotti surrounded by art supplies…and in the company of good friends especially?
I’ve been thinking off and on all day about what I’m going to do for the Holly Jolly craft sale in November. Last year I did well selling my digital prints (this one is my favorite), and I plan to do some new ones this year too. But as I mentioned in an earlier blog entry, I also want to offer small, mixed media paintings – if it’s feasible.

Obviously I want to sell things at a price people feel comfortable paying. On the other hand, I’m not sure whether or not I can work quickly enough to make it worth my while. It’s an interesting challenge, and I’ll definitely put some time into experimenting with possibilities, no matter what I end up deciding to do.

No comments: