Thursday, August 17, 2006

Goings on in Artopia

This is the third or fourth image I did when I first started playing with PhotoShop, and I’ve been fiddling around with it ever since. I look on her – Poetry by Carlo Dolci – as my Artopian muse. I just wish she’d get her act together because I’ve been stressing out lately…what with my book, my website and the ongoing necessity to find freelance work, which seems a bleak prospect at the moment.
I spent several hours today going over the pages I’ve done on my book so far, and trying to figure out how many I still have left to do. Why I haven’t done this until now escapes me. It’s probably because I’ve been totally involved in just letting the book unfold. But what I discovered today is that it will be much longer than I anticipated. This brings up the question of whether or not to do two books instead of one.
In some ways, this makes sense. I certainly have enough material. But I’d have to think about how to divide it up, and if it would work. And quite frankly, is there any point in doing two books when the first one probably won’t sell? Why is nothing simple? Am I a woman on a mission, or just a glutton for punishment?

No comments: