Friday, August 25, 2006

TV and Ideas

I get some of my best ideas when I’m watching TV – especially a show I’m really not that interested in. I’m not sure why this is, but I think it has something to do with the fact that we didn’t have a TV set until I was in eighth grade. Because I was used to reading or doing art for entertainment, I couldn’t just sit there in front of the TV – too passive – so I had to do something else to go along with it.
I still like to read, do the dishes, fold laundry, root through my art supplies, make notes or just think when the TV is on. I find it relaxing. Come to think of it, I know I’m too intense about things, so maybe TV takes the edge off and allows me to just be.

Anyway, while I was watching The Sopranos with David tonight and doodling on a newsprint pad, I suddenly realized what I wanted to do with the angel book. I don’t know if it will work, but it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a while…only I didn’t know that I did, if that makes any sense. The idea popped into my head while Tony Soprano was talking to his psychiatrist about his performance problems. I wonder what that means? Then again, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

No comments: